Monday, July 11, 2011

BMCS & BMHS Gathering 10 July 2011

A bevy of 'beauties' and a handful of 'lau chek's had a small lunch gathering at Lily's Vegetarian Restaurant, Madras Lane, Penang on 10 July 2011. Despite the low turnout, everyone had a smashing time reminiscing the old school days while the guys being outnumbered by the gals, gallantly put up with their teasing. Incidentally, the restaurant is a family-owned establishment. Guess who the owner is. Clue: a former classmate. On your part, you can show your support for her business by dropping by for a healthy meal once in a while.

The food was fabulous and they do cater for the office crowd with their version of fast food service modelled after a very popular ‘kopitiam’ restaurant chain but serving strictly vegetarian fare.

The only complaint was the poor attendance, especially in the guys department. This was quite a let down for Ah Lek who has come back from Sweden for a holiday and it was his wish to see as many of his old schoolmates as possible. Come on, it’s not every day that we get to meet up with the gals and our old ‘crushes’ who have shown a remarkable ability in staying youthful. This is definitely not an exaggeration as the video below will attest to that.

After having filled our stomachs (my goodness, these gals can really eat) and exchanging contact numbers/e-mail addresses, the affair ended with a promise to keep in touch and a hope for a bigger gathering the next time we meet. So guys, the ball is in your court.

9 comments:

Hong said...

Dear Lau Choy,

Your write up of the 10 July gathering is good. Detailed eventhough it's quite short with a bit of promo to the restaurant, of course....

Couldn't view the video. You haven't uploaded the video yet, have you? Thank you.
Hong.

Eric Ooi said...

Strange. I can view it from my computer here. Perhaps the video has been blocked by your campus if you're using theirs.

Sunny Tneoh said...

Eric,Sorry I was in Pudu 9th July couldnt make it. But sorry can't access video. Good write up

Cheers
Shenjen

Hong said...

Hi,
I have watched the clip. Very well presented. Interviews of individual well interspersed; with background music. I wish I was more prepared for the short introduction of myself. I looked awful... :-)
Cheers and thank you.
Hong

davidtan55 said...

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the clip, its very good...as usual. Everybody present looked good. Ji Nai has not aged one bit!!

Cheers from kiwiland

David Tan

Lau Lim said...

What a wonderful afternoon to have an accompany of very old down the memories friends, especially the cheerful ladies.

Beside Eric, Ah Lek and Boon Chye whom I frequently bump into them in Penang, I cannot recognize the rest. It is almost 35 years ago since I left BM high school.

I apologize to have to leave you people after 2pm on that gathering lunch. As usual my badminton game on Sunday afternoon is my everlasting lover.

Eric, A very good professional video clip. Well done. Keep it up!!

Regards,
Lau Lim

Cat Leong said...

Thank you Hong for sharing this with me....wish I was there.
Lay Choy (Eric) - great to "see" you after all these years. Brought back some fun memories from BMHS.
Cat Leong xx

Helen said...

Hi Guys Helen Ong here...golly almost could not recognise some of you. Wish I was there as well then it would have been really noisy. Only thing thing Lau Choy you should have been in the clip so I can see you too!!To all my friends good to see that you are all well and just as talkative as i remember you. Maybe you can hold a reunion in Melb. Air asia has some great deals going!!

Hong said...

Good idea, Helen!
Cheers,
Hong